Welcome to Things to do in Hampshire This Weekend 5 March 2021!
At the beginning of the year I turned my regular Friday Instagram Stories recommendations into a blog post for the new year.
Every Friday I’ll be sharing five things across Hampshire for you to do, eat or visit. Normally my suggestions cover everything from events and places to explore to places to eat and drink at. Lockdown is still on, so this week’s theme returns to an old favourite, it’s time to pull on those walking boots again.
Take a look at this week’s suggestions which focus on walks across Hampshire…
Things to do in Hampshire 5 March 2021
This week, Things To Do In Hampshire 5 March 2021 is back focusing on the one thing we can do at the moment, walking!
These walks vary in ability, length and difficulty with options for serious walkers, friends on a distanced walk or a family outing.
Walking has been the one thing keeping me sane over the past few months. A good dose of fresh air, sunlight and being at the mercy of the elements, a slice of freedom has been just what I’ve needed.
I feel happier, and less like I’ve got cabin fever after a good stomp. If that had been taken away I think my world would have been a much darker place both figuratively and literally.
My relationship with the outdoors and being by water has always been a close one. But now, I feel it’s been cemented for all eternity, I could never live far from the coast or from water.
I need countryside, the violent wind attacking my face and the sound of the waves crashing on the beach. If you’re here reading this, you probably do too. And, I hope these walks bring you some joy and make you feel free.
Here’s five walks across the county to inspire your routes this weekend. Click the gold heading to read more about each area and route.
A great all rounder, for all abilities with accessible routes and lots of facilities. Fun for the family or as part of a route for a more serious walk.
For the more serious walker that would like a new area to explore by itself or as an extension to longer Hampshire routes.
A very flat route except the access point to the meadows, it is part of the Meon Valley Trail if you wanted to extend this walk.
Experience history, a steep, unique staircase and stunning views from the Hampshire Hangers and Downs. Take a map to extend this walk.
A beautiful long loop around Winchester which can be extended onto the Itchen Navigation path.
I’ve tried and tested all these walks myself and by clicking onto the titles you’ll find plenty more details about each walk.
If you liked this post, keep an eye on my Instagram account as I try and share new places I’ve explored fairly regularly.
If you’re in Hampshire and want to collaborate on a Friday ‘Things to do in…’ post, get in touch by email.
Things To Do In Hampshire 5 March 2021 edition is focused on Hampshire’s authors and supporting local independent business P&G Wells but, you’ll find plenty of other ideas in previous editions of this series of posts.
You can find previous posts from this series here:
- THINGS TO DO IN HAMPSHIRE THIS WEEKEND | 26 FEBRUARY 2021
- Focus: Winchester Bookshop P&G Wells recommends five books by Hampshire Authors
- THINGS TO DO IN HAMPSHIRE THIS WEEKEND | 19 FEBRUARY 2021
- Focus: Online film festivals and performances
- THINGS TO DO IN HAMPSHIRE THIS WEEKEND | 12 FEBRUARY 2021
- Focus: Making the most of your daily walk, exercise and the outdoors
- THINGS TO DO IN HAMPSHIRE THIS WEEKEND | VALENTINE’S DAY EDITION | 5 FEBRUARY 2021
- Focus: Valentine’s Day
- THINGS TO DO IN HAMPSHIRE THIS WEEKEND | 29 JANUARY 2021
- Focus: Online Classes
- THINGS TO DO IN HAMPSHIRE THIS WEEKEND | 22 JANUARY 2021
- Focus: Hampshire museum’s online
- THINGS TO DO IN HAMPSHIRE THIS WEEKEND | 15 JANUARY 2021
- Focus: Hampshire food from takeaways to delivery to click and collect
- THINGS TO DO IN HAMPSHIRE THIS WEEKEND | 8 JANUARY 2021
- Focus: Hampshire walks with takeaways and essentials from zero waste shops
- THINGS TO DO IN HAMPSHIRE THIS WEEKEND | 1 JANUARY 2021
- Focus: Hampshire walks
Please do check all of the suggestions as restrictions change and local businesses frequently adapt hours and offerings or switch between being temporarily closed.
For guidelines and what to expect from this blog post every week, read the first in the series…