This week Things to do in Hampshire This Weekend 23 April 2021 is the second weekend after the Government’s next stage of the roadmap was unlocked. Have you been enjoying Hampshire’s restaurants, pubs, cafes and gyms?
Normally I share tired and tested recommendations. But, this series gives me an outlet to share suggestions of things to do and places to try that I might not have been able to get to.
Things to do in Hampshire 23 April 2021
Restaurants and cafes really need a bit of support right now. So in Things To Do In Hampshire 23 April 202 I’m shouting out five restaurants I’ve been wanting to visit for over a year. I’m hoping to try these out real soon, let me know if you’ve been and what you think.
Outside Dining in Hampshire
Here’s five places to eat outside in Hampshire…
1. Overdraft in Southampton and Winchester
By now you know I love a taco! Overdraft serves craft beer and tacos and vinyl – it looks so good, can’t wait to visit. I was actually going to go last April but you know the end of that story by now!
2. Pulpo Negro in Alresford
With an incredible looking menu Pulpo Negro serves up tapas in the glorious market town of Alresford. This has been on my list of places to try for too long!
3. The Briny in Portsmouth
A beautiful spot on the Portsmouth seafront, serving up a variety of seafood. Get a drink in my hand and sat in the sun pronto!
4. Pebble Beach at Barton-On-Sea
An award winning restaurant in a beautiful cliff top location, I can’t wait to go and sit on that terrace!
5. Original Fry Up Material at various locations across Hampshire
Big dirrrrrtttttyyyyyyyy burgers from the team on the OFM food truck. Ok, it’s not a restaurant but these look like a proper challenge and treat.
Al Fresco Dining in Hampshire
Are you enjoying eating out across Hampshire? I’ve popped to a few takeaway places but it’s been a conservative start from me. It’s ok if you’re still adjusting, to be honest I’m envious if you’ve been bolder than me.
Don’t forget to double checking the opening times and if the place you’re heading to requires a reservation or the booking a time slot.
Have you tried any of the places in Things To Do In Hampshire 23 April 2021? Let me know in the comments below!
If you liked this post, keep an eye on my Instagram account as I try and share new places I’ve explored fairly regularly. Keep an eye out for more suggestions with a different focus in next week’s post.
If you’re in Hampshire and want to collaborate on a Friday ‘Things to do in…’ post, get in touch by email.
What to expect from ‘Things To Do In Hampshire This Weekend’ posts
At the beginning of 2021 I turned my regular Friday Instagram Stories recommendations into a blog post for the new year.
Every Friday I share five things across Hampshire for you to do, eat or visit. Normally my suggestions cover everything from events and places to explore to places to eat and drink at.
I started this series out of lockdown and in under a week we were back under lock and key. But, I haven’t let that stop me still coming up with plenty of ideas for a bit of light relief in lockdown.
It’s one of the only places on my blog where I’ll share things I like the look of but, I may not have tried and tested. It’s nice to support businesses or places you’re yet to visit. After all, I can’t be everywhere all the time! Or can I? Knowing me, I will try!
For guidelines and what to expect from this blog post every week, read the first in the series…
- THINGS TO DO IN HAMPSHIRE THIS WEEKEND | 16 APRIL 2021
- Focus: Outside Dining in Hampshire
- THINGS TO DO IN HAMPSHIRE THIS WEEKEND | 9 APRIL 2021
- Focus: Hampshire Coffee Delivered
- THINGS TO DO IN HAMPSHIRE THIS WEEKEND | 2 APRIL 2021
- Focus: Hampshire Walks
- THINGS TO DO IN HAMPSHIRE THIS WEEKEND | 26 MARCH 2021
- Focus: Portsmouth’s Independent Businesses
- THINGS TO DO IN HAMPSHIRE THIS WEEKEND | 19 MARCH 2021
- Focus: Hampshire’s Takeaway Breakfast and Brunch
- THINGS TO DO IN HAMPSHIRE THIS WEEKEND | 12 MARCH 2021
- Focus: Hampshire’s Takeaway Coffee Spots
- THINGS TO DO IN HAMPSHIRE THIS WEEKEND | 5 MARCH 2021
- Focus: Hampshire Walks
- THINGS TO DO IN HAMPSHIRE THIS WEEKEND | 26 FEBRUARY 2021
- Focus: Winchester Bookshop P&G Wells recommends five books by Hampshire Authors
- THINGS TO DO IN HAMPSHIRE THIS WEEKEND | 19 FEBRUARY 2021
- Focus: Online film festivals and performances
- THINGS TO DO IN HAMPSHIRE THIS WEEKEND | 12 FEBRUARY 2021
- Focus: Making the most of your daily walk, exercise and the outdoors
- THINGS TO DO IN HAMPSHIRE THIS WEEKEND | VALENTINE’S DAY EDITION | 5 FEBRUARY 2021
- Focus: Valentine’s Day
- THINGS TO DO IN HAMPSHIRE THIS WEEKEND | 29 JANUARY 2021
- Focus: Online Classes
- THINGS TO DO IN HAMPSHIRE THIS WEEKEND | 22 JANUARY 2021
- Focus: Hampshire museum’s online
- THINGS TO DO IN HAMPSHIRE THIS WEEKEND | 15 JANUARY 2021
- Focus: Hampshire food from takeaways to delivery to click and collect
- THINGS TO DO IN HAMPSHIRE THIS WEEKEND | 8 JANUARY 2021
- Focus: Hampshire walks with takeaways and essentials from zero waste shops
- THINGS TO DO IN HAMPSHIRE THIS WEEKEND | 1 JANUARY 2021
- Focus: Hampshire walks
Please do check all of the suggestions as restrictions change and local businesses frequently adapt hours and offerings or switch between being temporarily closed.