For the past few years I’ve looked back so I am able to look forward. I think it’s a good way to end the last 12 months and get an idea of what I want to achieve for the year ahead. So this is the third round up post I’ve done on New Years Eve that contains all my blog posts from the past year.
Happy New Year!
Are you in or out to celebrate the new year arriving? Whatever you are up to I hope you have a wonderful time and welcome in the new year in style!
It’s been my second full year of blogging and I’ve come a long way from my intermittent posts in 2016. In 2017 I was listed as a top female PR blogger by Vuelio on International Women’s Day and blogged continuously for the whole year. In 2018 I started to grow as a blogger and I was shortlisted for a UK Blog Award in 2018.
This year I’m including a monthly highlight section to recap the year and pull out a few memorable moments. There is also a list of every single post I’ve written this year.
The start of 2018 was very exciting as I was in Australia. It was while I was on holiday that I found out I became a UK Blog Award finalist. What a great start to the year!
It was hard coming back to the UK after such an epic end to 2017 and start to 2018. Australia really opened my eyes and I vowed to do more and make the most of 2018 and get out more.
I decided to do my first vlog, a week or so into the month a switch flipped and I knew I had to conquer my camera fear. The next day I picked up my iPhone and started filming.
February flew by and before I knew it I was teaching myself iMovie and editing my very first vlog.
March was packed full of blogging events, I literally couldn’t keep up and it meant I had to split my second vlog into two parts!
I also had several mentions on PR Place over the last two months which I’m really proud about. Richard Bailey curates blog posts by PR thought leaders and it’s a real honour and privilege to be listed alongside some of the biggest names in the PR industry
I attended the UK Blog Awards as a finalist! I didn’t win but, it was a very interesting experience.
May was a whirlwind and saw local radio presenter Emma Jo Real Davies invite me to be on the panel at Emma’s Beautique hosted by Capital FM. It’s a Hampshire beauty event that brings together brands, bloggers and beauty fans to share tips and share all things beauty. I was thrilled to be included!
Also, I finally managed to see War Horse, the famous show came to Mayflower Theatre and I was invited to see it! It was incredible – what a treat!
One of my major blogging goals was achieved – I was invited though my blog to review a festival! It was brilliant and I loved combining my passion for live music with my blog.
I definitely started to struggle with putting the vlog together on a regular basis on top of work and other commitments. I fell behind massively!
What a glorious British summer! I went to see Jack Johnson Eden Project and Michael Buble in Hyde Park. And, on the blog I teamed up with Marks and Spencer, The Ivy in Winchester and Lush. It was a big month for blogging partnerships and something I am so proud of.
The blog completely changed – it was time for a new style that could cope with all the updates and changes I wanted to make to it. I’m really pleased with the new design and sliding carousel on the top – even if I can’t work out the correct size for the photos most of the time!
I also got the flu, properly, you know the kind you have to have two weeks off of work and you’re miserable, clammy and conked out. It was not fun.
Thankfully I was just well enough to head on holiday to Cornwall for a week.
So much personally happened in this month that I had to take some time out away from it all. I was gutted to take a step back from the vlog and blog but I had to do what was best for me. September wasn’t all bad though, I went to Cornwall for a lovely holiday and I took on the 30 day yoga challenge again.
I went pumpkin mad! I really embraced Halloween and enjoyed ever minute of Autumn. It also gave me some space to get back into writing again.
Wicked came to Mayflower and I was invited to review opening night. It totally surpassed my expectations and it is a lovely alternative tale to the Wizard of Oz.
The Hilton Ageas invited me for a fabulous stay over and spa day which was just the ticket after a very stressful couple of months. It’s a real hidden gem and I absolutely adore this wonderful spa. It also really helped me get focused with the blog again, like it reset my mind and allowed me some space to process, think and put things in perspective.
The Hilton was huge Harry Potter fan I was delighted to be invited to the advance preview of Fantastic Beasts – The Crimes of Grindelwald at Showcase Cinemas. This was a dream of mine and I honestly don’t think Showcase Cinemas had any clue to how much they made my week!
I decided that a year of vlogging is perhaps enough and that I’d have a break from it next year and do vlogs intermittently. So much work goes into them and it’s just so hard to manage it on top of working full time and a very full life. I’ve not posted my finished vlogs yet but the past few months are there are ready to go. Why don’t I push the publish button? I don’t know!
After spending last December in Australia and missing last Christmas, I was determined to embrace the festivities this year and make the most of everything. I became totally obsessed with wreaths and ended up with three in my house. Merry Christmas everyone!
What a year it has been, extreme highs and extreme lows. It has been one tough year, I can’t pretend it hasn’t been but, I survived and am ready for 2019 and a clean slate.
2018 blog posts
- It’s home time! January 15, 2018
- Today I’m exploring Freemantle!January 13, 2018
- Rottnest Birthday quokka fun January 12, 2018
- I’m off to Phillip Island today! January 10, 2018
- I’m off to The Grampians today!January 9, 2018
- I’m off to the Great Ocean Road and the 12 Apostles today! January 6, 2018
- Today I’m exploring Melbourne!January 5, 2018
- Exploring the Great Barrier Reef on the Derwent Hunter January 4, 2018
- The Great Barrier Reef – I’m off to see the heart reef! January 3, 2018
- It’s 2018! January 1, 2018
- How KFC has dealt with a total cluck up! February 25, 2018
- Creative Campaigns #25 – Iceland makes the most of KFC crisis February 24, 2018
- The power of influencers – Kylie Jenner wipes $1.3 billion off of Snapchat’s market value February 23, 2018
- Brunch at Vospers with Southampton Bloggers February 17, 2018
- Meet the Professionals 2018 at Solent University February 12, 2018
- Twitter posts first ever quarterly profit of £65 million February 9, 2018
- The #StartingOut Series – Vlogger Brogan Tate February 8, 2018
- I’m in the final of the UK Blog Awards 2018 February 7, 2018
- Future trends in media relations – a webinar by Gorkana February 6, 2018
- Kylie Jenner leverages birth for maximum PR February 5, 2018
- Creative Campaigns #24 – Benefit’s #outofthisworld BADgal BANG! mascara launch February 5, 2018
- Creative Campaigns #23 – Amazon’s Alexa loses her voice February 4, 2018
- Cocktails, dinner and cards at Grosvenor Casinos March 29, 2018
- A Mauritian brunch at Lakaz Maman March 27, 2018
- Libertine Don Giovanni seduces Southampton through song March 24, 2018
- Second Cup arrives in Southampton March 23, 2018
- A chat with ‘Don Giovanni’ ahead of his Mayflower Theatre performance March 21, 2018
- What I’ve learnt from filming my first vlog March 20, 2018
- Creative Campaigns #26 – McDonalds’ International Women’s Day PR stunt March 19, 2018
- Wood fired pizza at Supermarine March 19, 2018
- New Hoxton Bakehouse launches in Winchester March 17, 2018
- Bright Lights Big City mentioned by FitLiving UK on 13 March 2018 March 17, 2018
- Bright Lights Big City features in ‘This week in PR’, PR Place, 9 March March 16, 2018
- Monthly Vlog #1 | FEB 2018 | FIRST VLOG | Bright Lights Big City March 15, 2018
- International Women’s Day 2018 – five PR powerhouses that happen to be women March 8, 2018
- Bright Lights Big City features in ‘This week in PR’, PR Place, 2 March March 7, 2018
- Bright Lights Big City featured in This week in PR, PR Place, 16 February March 6, 2018
- The #StartingOut Series – Ella Minty March 5, 2018
- How to delete your Vero account March 4, 2018
- The truth about Vero – positives, negatives and all that hype March 4, 2018
- THE UK BLOG AWARDS APRIL 2018 | LONDON | Bright Lights Big City April 30, 2018
- I’ve started the Wessex Heartbeat Healthy Heart Challenge April 30, 2018
- Cocktails, dinner and skittles at The Huntsman of Brockenhurst April 29, 2018
- Creative Campaigns #28 – Even Divas are believers…Mariah Carey stays in a hostel April 28, 2018
- Monthly Vlog #2 | MARCH 2018 | PART 2 | PIZZA, OPERA, BRUNCH & POKER | Bright Lights Big City April 15, 2018
- Vinilo – an independent record store returns to Southampton April 14, 2018
- Brunch at South Coast Roast in Bournemouth April 11, 2018
- Creative Campaigns #27 – Visit Jersey’s Love Winter campaign April 9, 2018
- Monthly Vlog #2 | MARCH 2018 | PART 1 | SNOW, HAIR LOSS, MAC MAKEOVER | Bright Lights Big City April 8, 2018
- An Easter treat at YSL – the new Touche Eclat All-In-One Glow Foundation April 4, 2018
- The #StartingOut Series – Jo-ann Robertson, Ketchum London CEO April 3, 2018
- Bright Lights Big City features in ‘This week in PR’, PR Place, 23 March April 2, 2018
- On the panel at Emma’s Beautique hosted by Capital FM May 21, 2018
- Monthly Vlog #3 | APRIL 2018 | Bright Lights Big City May 20, 2018
- Woah Joey! Trot down to the Mayflower to watch War Horse May 18, 2018
- And I said, “What about Breakfast at Rawberry’s?” May 17, 2018
- The Lush cream that’s a total dream for eczema May 13, 2018
- Stationary, homeware and pins from Old English Company May 2, 2018
- Achieving that on-screen look with MAC cosmetics May 1, 2018
- Getting back into yoga June 29, 2018
- Mermaid Gin and summer vibes on the HarBar on 6th terrace June 27, 2018
- A 15 minute make over for flawless skin at Clinique June 26, 2018
- Everything you need to know about the launch of IGTV June 25, 2018
- Love Island – yeah, yeah you’re fit but, my gosh don’t you know it! June 25, 2018
- Celebrating the longest day of the year with Tiger Gin June 24, 2018
- Get the glow with make up from The Body Shop June 22, 2018
- Unilever pledges to stop advertising with influencers that buy followers June 18, 2018
- P&O Cruises present new magic show called Astonishing June 18, 2018
- I got Lush in my bag – SWAG! The Lush limited edition swag pop-up in Poole June 15, 2018
- MasterChef winner hosts Dine at Mine at room2 Southampton June 14, 2018
- Home is a feeling! room2 launches the world’s first “hometel” in Southampton June 11, 2018
- Touring Poole Harbour with City Cruises June 10, 2018
- Review for Strong Island – Common People Southampton 2018 June 5, 2018
- Monthly Vlog #4 | MAY 2018 | Bright Lights Big City July 1, 2018
- Jane Devonshire brings a south east touch to Marks and Spencer’s best ever burger July 30, 2018
- Beach vibes at Southampton’s Seaside in the Square July 20, 2018
- The Ivy Winchester July 16, 2018
- Foodies look out for The Pork Lovers Tour 2018 July 14, 2018
- The Lush life’s giving me a rush – discovering skincare at Lush! July 12, 2018
- Hot tubs, hammocks and holiday vibes – a day onboard The Independence of the Seas July 2, 2018
- Losing my hair and a year of bad hair days August 31, 2018
- Our big garden project August 27, 2018
- Five things that have helped me through flu August 27, 2018
- Bright Lights Big City is featured on Royal Caribbean UK’s blog and social media August 25, 2018
- Recommendations required for Cornwall August 24, 2018
- Out with the old and in with the new blog post theme! August 23, 2018
- Cocktails and dinner at Cabana August 8, 2018
- Looking for a cake for a special occasion? It’s time to get Caked Away! August 7, 2018
- A cosy afternoon tea at The White Horse in Romsey August 6, 2018
- Let Lendy Cowes Week 2018 be GIN! An evening at Marks and Spencer’s new pop up Mast & Sail bar August 5, 2018
- New food is on the menu at Wahaca! August 4, 2018
- The September 2018 Yoga Challenge September 1, 2018
- The September 2018 Yoga Challenge starts today! September 1, 2018
- The September 2018 Yoga Challenge September 1, 2018
- Pumpkin picking at Hollam Nurseries October 30, 2018
- Rest, relax and recover at Limitless Float October 23, 2018
- Conjuring up the Halloween spirit with M&S October 18, 2018
- WEEK ONE OF THE #YOGAGIRLCHALLENGE 2018 October 16, 2018
- Wicked defies gravity at Mayflower Theatre October 6, 2018
- Swing by Coffee Saloon for a caffeine fix November 22, 2018
- WEEK FOUR OF THE #YOGAGIRLCHALLENGE 2018 November 21, 2018
- WEEK THREE OF THE #YOGAGIRLCHALLENGE 2018 November 20, 2018
- The Crimes of Grindelwald at Showcase Cinema November 19, 2018
- A creative evening with Paint Chill Co. November 19, 2018
- Vegan treats at Cafe Thrive November 18, 2018
- WEEK TWO OF THE #YOGAGIRLCHALLENGE 2018 November 7, 2018
- Boxing Day merriment 2018 December 26, 2018
- Merry Christmas 2018 December 25, 2018
- Happy Christmas Eve 2018 – Santa Claus is coming to town! December 24, 2018
- How to make apple and blackberry gin December 24, 2018
- Festive wreath making with Teacups and Tutus December 23, 2018
- A cosy lunch at Salt Cafe December 19, 2018
- A hilarious Christmas Pantomime – Dick Whittington at Mayflower Theatre December 18, 2018
- Walking with Hensting Alpacas December 17, 2018
- Goga with Mucky Bucket Farm December 16, 2018
- Escapism and pampering at the Eforea Spa December 9, 2018
- How to make a pom pom Christmas wreath December 8, 2018
- Be productive with an Effici planner December 7, 2018
- A night at Hilton at the Ageas Bowl Southampton December 3, 2018
Yearly round ups have totally become my thing. I love looking at them to remind myself how far I’ve come. After all this isn’t a competition or a race, it’s a journey I’m on. I’m growing and developing all the time and a reflection of the past year is a great way to look at my progress.
You can have a look at what my previous posts for each year here…
What have you been up to over the past year? I’d love to know, and read your posts. If you do a similar round up or have something you’d really like to share, pop a link in the comments section so I can give it a read.